Fix Whea Uncorrectable Error (0xc0000124) in Windows: Do you have got a Blue screen of Death error in your Windows 10 OS then it need to repaired as soon as possible. Today we will be discussing about the Blue screen of Death Error “ Whea Uncorrectable Error” which also shows a code 124 at end. If you receive the Whea Uncorrectable Error then it mean your hardware has got uncorrected error. This error cant be corrected by windows and if this error is due to Graphic card then its good or it takes to fix the Whea Uncorrectable Error. It even shows as 0xc0000124 error which mean the error is same as Whea Uncorrectable Error.
It is observed that in Windows 8.1 system you can view error as Whea Uncorrectable Error and on other Windows the error will be as 0xc0000124.
Reasons of Whea Uncorrectable Error:
Here we will be discussing about few causes by which this Whea Uncorrectable Error can be seen on screen and the blue screen of death is appeared.
- This error is usually due to the low power outage and if this is not the issue then it may be due to corrupt hardware.
- RAM Corruption, Video Card problem, damaged hard disk or issue with processor.
- Due to driver compatibility issues it can be possible
- Heat related issues as overlocking the system
- Removed or Corrupt Windows specific system file
This error must be solved when it occur at first or else it can damage your hardware, driver conflicts or corrupt the system files.
How to Fix “Whea Uncorrectable Error” on Windows:
The error Oxc0000124 error on windows can be solved by the below given methods. Make sure you go with the steps correctly or else you cant easily fix the Whea Uncorrectable Error on windows.
Disable Overclocking from BIOS:
Here we will be disable the Overclocking feature from Computer Bios to avoid the Whea Uncorrectable Error (0xc0000124) error on windows 8, windows 8.1, windows 10 and other windows versions.
- Restart your PC and get into Charm Bar
- Press Windows key plus C to open the Charm Bar
- Select to change the PC Settings and click on General option
- Click on Advanced Startupand then on Restart Now button
- Get in Troubleshoot, then to advanced options
- Then open UEFI Firmware setting and click restart
- Once the PC is restarted, it will go in BIOS menu automatically
- Here select Advanced tab and then the Performance
- Now find Overclocking option and make sure it is disabled
- Save the settings and exit the BIOS by use F10 key
Make sure you save the settings while getting out of BIOS
Now hope that Whea Uncorrectable Error or 0xc0000124 error is not visible in your device or else look at the below given step.
If your PC has got new drivers installed recently then you need to check their compatible to Windows version your using. As this will get the Whea Uncorrectable Error on your screen.
- Open the PC and then go to Device Manager
- Select any driver which has got yellow mark on it
- Right on the particular driver and select the Update Driver Software
- If you cant get into Device manager then you need to go to Safe mode
- Need to run Device manager from safe mode
- Insert the Windows installation DVD or USB media
- Restart the PC and press any key to get into media
- Select to repair your PC and then click Troubleshoot
- Again click on Advanced and to Startup settings
- Click restart and then press F4 to get into safe mode
The above said methods will fix Whea Uncorrectable Error in Windows 8, Windows 10 and 0xc0000124 in Windows 8.1. if you have any queries regarding this article then let me know in comment box. Also it will be helpful to us if you share this article with others and get their Whea Uncorrectable Error issue fixed.