How To Fix Windows Update Error 8024402F While Updating Windows 8.1: Today we will be discussing about the Error code 8024402F which can be seen while updating or upgrading the windows 8.1. this error code has been seen regularity in these when a user tries to upgrade their OS to Windows 8.1 or even update the existing Windows 8.1. If your PC or Laptop is displaying this Error code 8024402F then their is no need to worry as we have got the solution to fix this error. In this article we have the tutorial that has the possible solution to fix the Windows Update Error code 8024402F. this is an effective method to fix the error and get the Windows 8.1 updated successfully. So have a look at the below given tutorial and apply the given methods in your PC or Laptop.
Reasons To Update Error code 8024402F While Updating Windows 8.1:
Below are few possible which are common reason to display the Error code 8024402F and if you cover this issues their wont be need to use the below given methods.
- Their might be connection issue between the Widows Update Server and PC
- Firewall, antispywarem proxy server or web accelerator may stop it
- Poor internet connection or UN-recognizable Wi-Fi router
Fix the Windows Update Error code 8024402F While Updating Windows 8.1:
In this tutorial to fix the Error code 8024402F while upgrading or updating Windows 8.1 we have got two difference methods. So try this methods respectively one after the another by checking on your PC.
Method 1: Setting Change:
- Firstly go to CONTROL PANEL and tap on VIEW BY option at top right corner
- Here change it from CATEGORY to LARGE ICONS to view the icons
- Now find the WINDOWS UPDATE option from the list of option given on screen
- click on it and then on left of the page you can view few options listed
- Select the CHANGE SETTINGS option and select as “NEVER CHECK FOR UPDATES”
- Now uncheck the other unwanted setting that were checked in this page
- Then check manually for Windows 8.1 update for your PC or Laptop
Now install the Windows 8.1 successful and later on after completing this process, reset the setting that were changed in previous steps.
Methods 2: Reset Date And Time:
If the above method haven’t solved the Error code 8024402F issues then follow the below given steps.
- Go to CONTROL PANEL and then select the “CLOCK, LANGUAGE AND REGION” option
- Now select the “DATE AND TIME” option and a new windows will open on screen
- Here select the “CHANGE TIME ZONE” option and select the correct time zone your staying
- Finally click on OK but to and then restart your PC or laptop
- Now try to update or upgrade the Windows 8.1 and this will definitely fix the Windows Update Error code 8024402F.
Hopefully Windows Update Error code 8024402F while updating Windows 8.1 has been solved by using the one of above given two methods. If you have any such queries regarding this article or other error codes, let us know via comment box. Also let us know if their where any difficulties while performing the above methods, so that we will reach you with best position solution. Share this Error code 8024402F solved article with others to get them this issues fixed.