How to Take a Screenshot on Mac Device: Have your ever tried of taking the screenshot from your Apple Mac device, then try it and take the screenshot of selected portion or the full screen. The default storage of these screenshot picture will be on your desktop. At the end of this article you will be knowing about how to get the screenshot and save the entire screen for future use. In this article we will let you know the commands which can be used to take a full screen capture or a particular windows or else a small portion. So keep reading this article of How to take screenshot on Mac and get new things in your mind.
How to Take a Screenshot of Entire Screen:
To take a full screen screenshot you need to follow the below given commands
- Press Shift command – 3 and your screenshot will be saved on desktop
- The photo will be saved .png form
How to Take screenshoot of selected portion:
To take a selected portion screenshot the commands from above will be changed.
- Press shift command – 4, which brings pointer as an cross hair on screen
- Move this cross hair to the selected portion and then drag on to that area
- Release the mouse when you have selected the area
- Press Esc and your photo will be save don desktop in .png form
How to Take Screenshot of Window:
Here we will let you know how to get a screenshot of particular windows on desktop.
- Press the Shift command with 4 and wait until the pointer changes to cross hair
- Press the space bar and wait until pointer changes to camera
- Move camera over windows to highlight it
- Use mouse to select and press Esc to cancel the before click
- Now find your screenshot as .png on desktop
How to Take Screenshot of Menu:
Here is the process to take screenshot of a particular menu.
- Firstly select the menu to show its contents
- Now press shift command -4, as pointer changes to cross hair
- Now drag the pointer of menu and use trackpad to select the portion
- Press Esc to return and then release the button before cancle
- If you want to capture full menu with its content, add the above given method with this process
How to take Screenshot of TouchBar:
If your running on Mac OS 10.12.2 and you have an Mac with Touch Bar, then go with the below given method to capture your screen.
- Press Shift command with 6 and then wait for a while
- You an view as your picture as saved in .png form on screen
I hope you have got the commands of how to capture screenshot on Mac in different condition. If you feel any doubt while using this commands then let us know in comment section. Also hope that you will share our article to let others know about this screenshot commands on mac.